1. Do not expect nor ask for a big salary when you get your first job. Instead, learn as much as you can with whatever opportunity you are given.
2. Be willing to learn skills outside your field of academic study. It is education you will not get in a classroom.
3. A university is an incubation space designed to learn. Spend 90 percent of your time learning as much as you can.
4. Development of character and spirit is as important as study. Time should be invested in it as well.
5. Add value to your degree by engaging with your future employers and the community. It is another aspect of education you will not get in a classroom.
6. Your academic certificate is NOT a passport to a job. It is an opportunity.
7. Your academic certificate is simply proof that you have done what the system demanded and achieved standards set by the powers that be.
8. Your talents and your academic attainments are two different things. An academic certificate is not a representation of your talents and abilities.
9. Have a mission you want to achieve. If not, your journey will be without a purpose.
10. Potential employers will check your Facebook account. Traces of your character not found on your character reference will be found on Facebook.